XR50 is a cleverly engineered compact bookshelf speaker that produces the rich, full sound one would expect from much larger speakers. Fine gloss wood finishes are offered in Black, Red Walnut and Pear Maple. The magnetically attached grill is acoustically transparent and covered with a neutral black cloth.
Patented LD/HP® Technology
- The McIntosh Low Frequency Loudspeaker Elements feature the patented LD/HP Magnetic Circuit Design. This design, when compared to conventional Loudspeaker Drivers, reduces distortion significantly. It also increases power handling and efficiency.
Neodymium-Iron-Boron Alloy Magnets
- The two inch Midranges and three-quarter inch Dome Super Tweeter all use this Alloy. The Neodymium-Iron-Boron Alloy has the highest flux density per unit of volume. This allows for a smaller physical size driver and thus closer driver to driver placement for improved dispersion.
Low Harmonic and Intermodulation Distortion
- The XR50 Loudspeaker System is capable of reproducing the full dynamic range of a symphony orchestra with very low audible distortion of any kind.
Low Frequency Port
- The XR50 Loudspeaker System utilizes a vertical port with a rear opening to increase bass output, reduce distortion and improve the overall efficiency of the Loudspeaker
High Power Handling
- The Loudspeaker Elements and Crossover Components of the XR50 are all chosen for use with amplifiers up to 300 watts, yet can be driven with a 75 watt amplifier.
- Locating the Super Tweeter between the two Midranges generates a symmetrical polar response for superior imaging.
- The XR50 Loudspeaker enclosure is constructed with non-parallel internal sides to reduce internal standing waves and is available in various finishes.
McIntosh Custom Binding Posts
- McIntosh patent pending gold plated input terminals accept high current signals. They accept large diameter wire and spade lugs. Banana plugs may also be used.
- The Power Control Input supplies power to illuminate the XR50 McIntosh Logo and Power Control Output supplies power for remote turn-on of additional Components.
Solid State Front Panel Logo Illumination
- The even Illumination of the Front Panel Logo is accomplished by the combination of custom designed Light Diffusers and extra long life Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs).